VNet is a powerful monitoring system that enables organizations to identify and resolve IT infrastructure problems before they affect critical business processes.
Designed with scalability and flexibility in mind, VNet gives you the peace of mind that comes from knowing your organization’s business processes won’t be affected by unknown outages.
VNet is a powerful tool that provides you with instant awareness of your organization’s mission-critical IT infrastructure.
VNet allows you to detect and repair problems and mitigate future issues before they affect end-users and customers.
- Real time system monitoring
- Load distribution/High availability
- Performance management
- User access controls
- System management
- Notification system
- Graphs & Maps
- Log management filtering and sorting
Real time system monitoring
- Availability detection
- Active/Passive Checks
- Detection and Handling of State Flapping
- Hosts/Services group metrics compositing
- Aggregate Reporting
- SLA metrics aggregation (Meta service)
- Downtimes scheduling
- Comments recording
- Configurable frequencies for KPI collection
Detection and Handling of State Flapping
- Storing the results of the last 21 checks of the host or service
- Analyzing the historical check results and determine where state changes/transitions occur
- Using the state transitions to determine a percent state change value (a measure of change) for the host or service
- Comparing the percent state change value against low and high flapping thresholds
Allows you to schedule periods of planned downtime for hosts and service that you’re monitoring.
This is useful in the event that you actually know you’re going to be taking a server down for an upgrade, etc
Load distribution/High availability
- Load analysis breakdowns as per
- Fail-over satellite server configuration
- Pre-production satellite server configuration
- High availability configuration using:
replicated MySQL databases
- Data presented with RRDTool graphical reports
- Metric and graphic data comparisons
- Configurable graphical display templates
- KPI and status correlations
User access controls
- Access group definitions
- Interface access restrictions
- Hosts group resource view restrictions
- Service groups resource view restrictions
- Service category resource view restrictions
- LDAP Authentication
- User action logs
Access Control List
Vnet has an Access Control List , here are 5 profile
Operation user profile : Real time monitoring for all resources and has restricted configuration rights.
Database user profile : Focused on Database resources.
CIO user profile : Focused on top level information and reporting.
Management user profile : Manage advanced configuration, server performance, system restarts.
Administrator user profile : Full access on different screens.
Optional command line operation of Vnet for:
- Adding hosts
- Restarting Database
- Generating configurations
- Notification via mail, SMS or other
- Contact Filter
- Time Periods ( 24×7 ,workhour , none workhour )
- Daily statistics of status durations
- Daily statistics on alerts frequencies
- Single server online reporting
- Hosts online reporting
- Service group online reporting
- Configurable update frequencies
- PDF report export
Log management filtering and sorting
- Run on both TCP and UDP.
- Filter data with a regular expression.
- Work in a reference. priority / facility so it can be run instead of syslog.
- Support which can be determined that the log forwarding.
- The source of the log to be sent from any computer. And one comes through it.